The University of Kassel is a modern and growing University with round about 25.000 students. It has an extraordinary wide section with expertise of nature, technique, culture and society.
University of Kassel, International Center for Higher Education Research (INCHER)
Research Assistant (m/f/d), EG 13 TV-H
Date of Hire:
||as soon as possible
Full-time position. This is a fixed term-position of three years with the possibility of extending the contract for a further three years (position for academic qualification corresponding to § 65 HHG i. V. m. § 2 Abs. 1 Satz 2 WissZeitVG; opportunity for Habilitation project).
As one of the four scientific centers of the University of Kassel, INCHER conducts theory-based interdisciplinary higher education and science research with a focus on students and graduates, governance and organization, innovation and transfer, scientific change and evidence-based science and innovation policy.
Senior researcher in the research area "Governance and Organization". The tasks include:
- independent research in the area of "Governance and Organization" with the aim of obtaining a habilitation,
- independent development of third-party funding applications and scientific support for projects and the young scientists in the research area,
- carrying out of courses in the field of higher education research amounting to 2 semester hours.
- Completed course of academic study (Master degree) within the fiel of social sciences, ompleted with very good results. The required degree must be available by the recruitment date at the latest.
- Completed social science doctorate. The required degree must be available by the recruitment date at the latest.
- in-depth knowledge of social science research regarding governance, organizational and higher education
good knowledge of the qualitative and / or quantitative methods of empirical social research
- proven knowledge of theories relevant to the research area
communication and teamwork skills
excellent writing skills, including in English
- an international orientation
- proven ability to publish, including in international journals
- experience with (international) projects
- proven teaching experience
- experience in coordinating (research) teams
Applicants must submit an synopsis for a qualification project and a concept with regard to the further development of the research area "Governance and Organization".
For further information please contact Prof. Dr. Georg Krücken, Tel.: +49 561 804-3994, E-Mail: kruecken(at)incher.uni-kassel.de.
You can find more jobs at stellen.uni-kassel.de
The protection of your personal information is very important to us, so we will handle your personal information with care. By your application, you allow us the storage and use in the sense of the Hessian Data Protection and Freedom of Information Act. You can object to this at any time. Your personal data will be deleted.
Information according to Art. 13 DSGVO for the application process at the University of Kassel can be found at: https://www.uni-kassel.de/uni/datenschutz/
The University of Kassel is very interested in the professional satisfaction of its employees. It is distinguished as a family-friendly university and, in the interests of equal opportunities, strives to offer everyone the same opportunities for development and to counteract existing disadvantages. It promotes the Family Welcome Service and also the Dual Career Service for positions that are scientifically and academically filled. One of the strategic goals of the University of Kassel is to significantly increase the proportion of women in research and teaching. Applications from women are therefore particularly welcome. Seriously handicapped and equivalent applicants are given preference if they have the same suitability, qualifications and professional performance. Full-time positions are generally divisible (except when filling civil servant positions).
Applications indicating the Position Number, which may be in digital form, should be sent to the President of the University of Kassel, 34109 Kassel, Germany or email@example.com, quoting the applicable reference number.