The University of Kassel is a modern and growing University with round about 23.000 students. It has an extraordinary wide section with expertise of nature, technique, culture and society.
Associate Research Scientist (m/f/d), EG 13 TV-H, part-time (75%, 30 hours per week), temporary position (till 30.11.2026)
|Date of Hire:
Please send your application with the usual informative documents, stating the reference number in the subject line, via the online form. We have compiled further information for you in our FAQ.
In exceptional cases, we will also accept your application documents in paper form addressed to: The President of the University of Kassel, 34109 Kassel, Germany, or via mail to bewerbungen[at]uni-kassel.de, stating the reference number.
In the case of postal applications, please submit only copies of your documents (no folders), as these cannot be returned. All documents will be destroyed after completion of the selection process in compliance with data protection regulations.
The position is initially limited 48 month within the framework of the DFG- project: “The testing effect and the complexity of the learning material: Is the quality of the knowledge base the actual moderator?" in accordance with § 2 para. 2 WissZeitVG. The possibility of doctoral studies is given.
The DFG research group is concerned with the question of how knowledge can be imparted so that it can be retained in the long term and applied flexibly. In a total of eight subprojects, researchers from psychology, educational science and subject didactics work closely together to investigate the cognitive foundations of sustainable learning and its effective implementation in the classroom. To this end, experimental studies are conducted in schools.
The subproject is divided into two parts and is led by Prof. Dr. Ralf Rummer (Kassel site) and Prof. Dr. Judith Schweppe (Passau site). The subproject addresses the question whether the testing effect (i.e., the fact that active recall of previously learned material has a consolidating effect on the long-term retention of this learning material) also occurs with complex texts in German. The position advertised here is located in Kassel and is assigned by Prof Rummer. The experiments will be conducted in grade 12 at (upper) high schools in Kassel and the surrounding area.
- Completion of a university degree (Diplom/Master) in psychology or a related subject (at least graduation grade "good"). The required degree must be received by the hiring date at the latest
- Interest in pursuing a doctorate in the field of experimental research on learning and instruction
- motivation and interest to familiarize yourself with the subject area of the DFG-project
very good knowledge of German and English
- very good written and oral communication skills
proven knowledge in statistics and research methods
- experience in experimental research
Ability to work independently and as a part of a team
If you have any questions, please contact Prof. Dr. Ralf Rummer at +49 561 804-3592 or E-Mail at rummer(at)uni-kassel.de.
As an employee of the University of Kassel
- you will be offered an interesting and diverse range of tasks within the framework of a modern and ambitious university,
- you will be part of an interdisciplinary team with a good and collegial working atmosphere,
- you will have the opportunity to participate in professional and interdisciplinary further education measures,
- your workplace is centrally located in the city of Kassel with good public transport connections, which you can currently use for free.
In addition, you will benefit from the advantages of employment in the public service such as:
- an additional company pension (VBL),
- an optional child supplement in accordance with TV-Hessen, a family-friendly university (including childcare for emergencies),
- an annual bonus
- an entitlement to capital-accumulation benefits,
- a promotion of voluntary commitment,
- low-cost participation in university sports and a full range of fitness activities as part of Unifit, as well as workplace health management.
You can find more jobs at stellen.uni-kassel.de
The protection of your personal information is very important to us, so we will handle your personal information with care. By your application, you allow us the storage and use in the sense of the Hessian Data Protection and Freedom of Information Act. You can object to this at any time. Your personal data will be deleted.
Information according to Art. 13 DSGVO for the application process at the University of Kassel can be found at:
The University of Kassel is very interested in the professional satisfaction of its employees. It is distinguished as a family-friendly university and, in the interests of equal opportunities, strives to offer everyone the same opportunities for development and to counteract existing disadvantages. It promotes the Family Welcome Service and also the Dual Career Service for positions that are scientifically and academically filled. One of the strategic goals of the University of Kassel is to significantly increase the proportion of women in research and teaching. Applications from women are therefore particularly welcome. Seriously handicapped and equivalent applicants are given preference if they have the same suitability, qualifications and professional performance. Full-time positions are generally divisible (except when filling civil servant positions).
Applications indicating the Position Number, which may be in digital form, should be sent to the President of the University of Kassel, 34109 Kassel, Germany quoting the applicable reference number.