The University of Kassel is a modern and growing University with round about 23.000 students. It has an extraordinary wide section with expertise of nature, technique, culture and society.
The Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Informatic, Research Center for Information System Design (ITeG),
Department Participatory IT Design (Prof. Dr. Claude Draude), offers the following position to be filled as soon as possible:
Research Assistant (m/f/d), EG 13 TV-H, fixed-term, fulltime (currently 40 hours per week)
|Date of Hire:
||as soon as possible
This is a fixed term-position of three years with the possibility of extending the contract for a further two years (position for academic qualification corresponding to § 2 Abs. 1 Satz 1 WissZeitVG). It includes the opportunity for a PhD project.
The “Participatory IT Design” (PIT) department deals with research and teaching of a more socially just and inclusive digitalization. The work of PIT is highly interdisciplinary at the interface of computer science, social sciences, humanities as well as design and artistic research. PIT is part of the Research Center for Information System Design (ITeG) at the University of Kassel and provides consultation services at the Kassel Institute for Sustainability.
You can find additional information on PIT here: http://ww.uni-kassel.de/go/pit
- Scientific contribution and support to research and teaching in the field of Participatory IT Design
- Independent research for a PhD project in one of the department’s key research areas
- Services for internal and external activities of the department
- Contribution to the conceptualization and drafting of applications for external research funding
- Contribution to publications
- Support to conferences, workshops and public relations
- Assistance to the set-up and organization of the department’s laboratory
- Degree of academic study obtained with high or very high success in computer science or a related subject, a design discipline or a discipline of the social sciences or the humanities with a focus on technology design. The degree required for this position must have been obtained by the starting date at the latest.
- Very good knowledge of the English language
High level of independence, high capacity for team work, flexibility and organisational skills
- Strong interest in application-oriented research and interdisciplinary working methods as well as high capability of methodical and analytical work
Intended PhD project related to the department’s research
- Teaching experience
- Experience in drafting applications for external research funds
For further information please contact Prof. Dr. Claude Draude by e-mail: claude.draude(at)uni-kassel.de.
As an employee of the University of Kassel
- you will be offered an interesting and diverse range of tasks within the framework of a modern and ambitious university,
- you will be part of an interdisciplinary team with a good and collegial working atmosphere,
- you will have the opportunity to participate in professional and interdisciplinary further education measures,
- your workplace is centrally located in the city of Kassel with good public transport connections, which you can currently use for free.
In addition, you will benefit from the advantages of employment in the public service such as:
- an additional company pension (VBL),
- an optional child supplement in accordance with TV-Hessen, a family-friendly university (including childcare for emergencies),
- an annual bonus
- an entitlement to capital-accumulation benefits,
- a promotion of voluntary commitment,
- low-cost participation in university sports and a full range of fitness activities as part of Unifit, as well as workplace health management.
You can find more jobs at stellen.uni-kassel.de
Please send your application with the usual informative documents, stating the reference number in the subject line, via the online form. We have compiled further information for you in our FAQ.
In exceptional cases, we will also accept your application documents in paper form addressed to: The President of the University of Kassel, 34109 Kassel, Germany, or via mail to bewerbungen[at]uni-kassel.de, stating the reference number.
In the case of postal applications, please submit only copies of your documents (no folders), as these cannot be returned. All documents will be destroyed after completion of the selection process in compliance with data protection regulations.
The protection of your personal information is very important to us, so we will handle your personal information with care. By your application, you allow us the storage and use in the sense of the Hessian Data Protection and Freedom of Information Act. You can object to this at any time. Your personal data will be deleted.
Information according to Art. 13 DSGVO for the application process at the University of Kassel can be found at:
Information and FAQ about applying for a job offer:
The University of Kassel is very interested in the professional satisfaction of its employees. It is distinguished as a family-friendly university and, in the interests of equal opportunities, strives to offer everyone the same opportunities for development and to counteract existing disadvantages. It promotes the Family Welcome Service and also the Dual Career Service for positions that are scientifically and academically filled. One of the strategic goals of the University of Kassel is to significantly increase the proportion of women in research and teaching. Applications from women are therefore particularly welcome. Seriously handicapped and equivalent applicants are given preference if they have the same suitability, qualifications and professional performance. Full-time positions are generally divisible (except when filling civil servant positions).
Applications indicating the Position Number, which may be in digital form, should be sent to the President of the University of Kassel, 34109 Kassel, Germany quoting the applicable reference number.