The University of Kassel is a modern and growing University with round about 23.000 students. It has an extraordinary wide section with expertise of nature, technique, culture and society.
The Faculty of Organic Agricultural Sciences, Division of Social-Ecological Interactions in Agricultural Systems (Prof. Dr. Tobias Plieninger) has opened the following position, starting date: 01.04.2023.
Research Assistant (male/female/non-binary), EG 13 TV-H, temporary, part-time (currently 26 hours per week)
|Date of Hire:
Please send your application with the usual informative documents, stating the reference number in the subject line, via the online form. We have compiled further information for you in our FAQ.
In exceptional cases, we will also accept your application documents in paper form addressed to: The President of the University of Kassel, 34109 Kassel, Germany, or via mail to bewerbungen[at]uni-kassel.de, stating the reference number.
In the case of postal applications, please submit only copies of your documents (no folders), as these cannot be returned. All documents will be destroyed after completion of the selection process in compliance with data protection regulations.
Part-time position with 65% of the working hours of a full-time employee. This is a fixed-term position of three years with the possibility of extending the contract (position for academic qualification corresponding to § 65 HHG i. V. m. § 2 Abs. 1 Satz 1 WissZeitVG). The opportunity for performing a PhD project will be given.
- Independent research in the field of biocultural diversity and multifunctional land use in Europe
- Contributions to research and teaching (2 SWS) within the Division
- Writing of scientific papers
- Support in the research, communication and management tasks of the Division, in particular regarding EMAS environmental certification
- Completed degree of academic study (Master degree) within the fields of environmental / agricultural / forest sciences / geography and related areas. The Master certificate has to be presented at the latest at the starting date of the position
- Knowledge of social-ecological concepts as well as qualitative, quantitative and participatory methods of landscape sustainability science
- Very good knowledge of English and German
- Teaching experiences and first experiences with scientific publishing
- Research interest within the field of the Division
- Ability to work in a team and interest in inter- and transdisciplinary work
For further information please contact Prof. Dr. Tobias Plieninger, E-Mail: Plieninger(at)uni-kassel.de.
As an employee of the University of Kassel
- you will be offered an interesting and diverse range of tasks within the framework of a modern and ambitious university,
- you will be part of an interdisciplinary team with a good and collegial working atmosphere,
- you will have the opportunity to participate in professional and interdisciplinary further education measures,
In addition, you will benefit from the advantages of employment in the public service such as:
- an additional company pension (VBL),
- an optional child supplement in accordance with TV-Hessen, a family-friendly university (including childcare for emergencies),
- an annual bonus
- an entitlement to capital-accumulation benefits,
- a promotion of voluntary commitment,
- low-cost participation in university sports and a full range of fitness activities as part of Unifit, as well as workplace health management.
You can find more jobs at stellen.uni-kassel.de
The protection of your personal information is very important to us, so we will handle your personal information with care. By your application, you allow us the storage and use in the sense of the Hessian Data Protection and Freedom of Information Act. You can object to this at any time. Your personal data will be deleted.
Information according to Art. 13 DSGVO for the application process at the University of Kassel can be found at:
The University of Kassel is very interested in the professional satisfaction of its employees. It is distinguished as a family-friendly university and, in the interests of equal opportunities, strives to offer everyone the same opportunities for development and to counteract existing disadvantages. It promotes the Family Welcome Service and also the Dual Career Service for positions that are scientifically and academically filled. One of the strategic goals of the University of Kassel is to significantly increase the proportion of women in research and teaching. Applications from women are therefore particularly welcome. Seriously handicapped and equivalent applicants are given preference if they have the same suitability, qualifications and professional performance. Full-time positions are generally divisible (except when filling civil servant positions).
Applications indicating the Position Number, which may be in digital form, should be sent to the President of the University of Kassel, 34109 Kassel, Germany quoting the applicable reference number.