The University of Kassel is a modern and growing University with round about 25.000 students. It has an extraordinary wide section with expertise of nature, technique, culture and society.
The following position is available in the Institute of Biology, Animal Physiology/Neurophysiology (Prof. Dr. Monika Stengl), as soon as possible:
Research Assistant (m/f/d), EG 13 TV-H, fixed-term and part-time position
(currently 20 hours per week)
Date of Hire:
||as soon as possible
Part-time position with half the working hours of a full-time employee. This is a fixed term-position limited until September 30, 2024 (position for academic qualification corresponding to § 65 HHG i. V. m. § 2 Abs. 1 Satz 1 WissZeitVG; opportunity for PhD project).
- Independent research and contributions to teaching in the subject areas Animal Physiology/Neuroethology,
Chemical Senses, Entomology
- Key aspects within teaching will be the participation in courses and seminars in the general subject areas mentioned above, with focus in the circadian control of insect olfaction and olfactory transduction.
- Assistance in the application for and realization of research projects.
- Completed course of academic study (Master degree or Diplom) within the field of Life Sciences. The required degree must be available by the recruitment date at the latest. The degree required for this position must have been obtained by the starting date at the latest.
Good knowledge of handling of insects, such as moths.
- Substantial knowledge of electrophysiological techniques such as single sensillum recordings, electroantennograms, behavioral assays and the analysis of respective data;
Good knowledge of statistics.
Very good knowledge of the English language required in speaking and writing.
- Practical experience in the analysis of neurophysiological data.
- Practical experience in the development and analysis of behavioral assays.
- Literature overview in Chemical Senses and (Neuro)ethology.
- Computer skills including word processing programs and image editing
- Internet and media-based presentation skills
For further information please contact Prof. Dr. Stengl, Tel.: +49 561 804-4564. Please send only one file containing a letter of motivation, your CV, and your doc-uments: credentials, certificates such as your Bachelor and Master thesis.
You can find more jobs at stellen.uni-kassel.de
The protection of your personal information is very important to us, so we will handle your personal information with care. By your application, you allow us the storage and use in the sense of the Hessian Data Protection and Freedom of Information Act. You can object to this at any time. Your personal data will be deleted.
Information according to Art. 13 DSGVO for the application process at the University of Kassel can be found at: https://www.uni-kassel.de/uni/datenschutz/
The University of Kassel is very interested in the professional satisfaction of its employees. It is distinguished as a family-friendly university and, in the interests of equal opportunities, strives to offer everyone the same opportunities for development and to counteract existing disadvantages. It promotes the Family Welcome Service and also the Dual Career Service for positions that are scientifically and academically filled. One of the strategic goals of the University of Kassel is to significantly increase the proportion of women in research and teaching. Applications from women are therefore particularly welcome. Seriously handicapped and equivalent applicants are given preference if they have the same suitability, qualifications and professional performance. Full-time positions are generally divisible (except when filling civil servant positions).
Applications indicating the Position Number, which may be in digital form, should be sent to the President of the University of Kassel, 34109 Kassel, Germany or firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting the applicable reference number.