The University of Kassel is a modern and growing University with round about 25.000 students. It has an extraordinary wide section with expertise of nature, technique, culture and society.
University of Kassel, Institute for Biology, Developmental Genetics Group
Research Assistant (m/f/d), EG 13 TV-H
|Date of Hire:
Please send your application with the usual informative documents, stating the reference number in the subject line, via the online form. We have compiled further information for you in our FAQ.
In exceptional cases, we will also accept your application documents in paper form addressed to: The President of the University of Kassel, 34109 Kassel, Germany, or via mail to bewerbungen[at]uni-kassel.de, stating the reference number.
In the case of postal applications, please submit only copies of your documents (no folders), as these cannot be returned. All documents will be destroyed after completion of the selection process in compliance with data protection regulations.
Part-time position with half the working hours of a full-time employee. This is a fixed term-position of three years with the possibility of extending the contract for a further two years (position for academic qualification corresponding to § 65 HHG i. V. m. § 2 Abs. 1 Satz 1 WissZeitVG; opportunity for performing a PhD project).
- Services in research and teaching in the Developmental Genetics group and within the Centre of Interdisciplinary Nanostructure Research and Technology (CINSaT).
- Research tasks include the development of advanced microscopy of Drosophila melanogaster developmental stages.
- Key aspects within teaching will be in advanced classes of the M.Sc. Biology and M.Sc. Nanoscience curricula. This includes the preparation of lectures, seminars and tutorials as well as the further development of the teaching concept of the subject group.
- Assistance in obtaining data for the development of interdisciplinary research projects at the interface of physics and biology.
- Completed course of academic study (Master degree) within the field of physics with specialization on photonics and/or 3D microscopic imaging. The degree required for this position must have been obtained by the starting date at the latest.
Substantial knowledge of optical microscopy and digital image processing. Simulation of microscopic or optical beam structure in space and time using conventional computer programming. Substantial requirements of Computer programming languages and Software packages, including Python, MATLAB, Zemax. Programming of microscopic set-ups using Labview.
- Very good knowledge of the English language required.
- Good knowledge of OCT (optical coherence tomography), 3D-microscopic imaging, and laser physics.
Of advantage are:
- Practical experience in teaching principles of laser physics and computer programming.
- Computer skills including word processing programs, statistical analysis and image editing using FIJI software package.
- Internet and media-based presentation skills.
For further information please contact Prof. Dr. Arno Müller, Tel.: +49 561 804-4725.
As an employee of the University of Kassel
- you will be offered an interesting and diverse range of tasks within the framework of a modern and ambitious university,
- you will be part of an interdisciplinary team with a good and collegial working atmosphere,
- you will have the opportunity to participate in professional and interdisciplinary further education measures,
- your workplace is centrally located in the city of Kassel with good public transport connections, which you can currently use for free.
In addition, you will benefit from the advantages of employment in the public service such as:
- an additional company pension (VBL),
- an optional child supplement in accordance with TV-Hessen, a family-friendly university (including childcare for emergencies),
- an annual bonus
- an entitlement to capital-accumulation benefits,
- a promotion of voluntary commitment,
- low-cost participation in university sports and a full range of fitness activities as part of Unifit, as well as workplace health management.
You can find more jobs at stellen.uni-kassel.de
The protection of your personal information is very important to us, so we will handle your personal information with care. By your application, you allow us the storage and use in the sense of the Hessian Data Protection and Freedom of Information Act. You can object to this at any time. Your personal data will be deleted.
Information according to Art. 13 DSGVO for the application process at the University of Kassel can be found at:
The University of Kassel is very interested in the professional satisfaction of its employees. It is distinguished as a family-friendly university and, in the interests of equal opportunities, strives to offer everyone the same opportunities for development and to counteract existing disadvantages. It promotes the Family Welcome Service and also the Dual Career Service for positions that are scientifically and academically filled. One of the strategic goals of the University of Kassel is to significantly increase the proportion of women in research and teaching. Applications from women are therefore particularly welcome. Seriously handicapped and equivalent applicants are given preference if they have the same suitability, qualifications and professional performance. Full-time positions are generally divisible (except when filling civil servant positions).
Applications indicating the Position Number, which may be in digital form, should be sent to the President of the University of Kassel, 34109 Kassel, Germany or firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting the applicable reference number.