The University of Kassel is a modern and growing University with round about 25.000 students. She has an extraordinary wide section with expertise of nature, technique, culture and society.
In Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences, Institute of Nanostructure Technologies and Analytics (INA), Technological Physics, Nano Optics group, the following position is open from 15.08.2021 (Subjected to approval of the project funding):
Research Assistant (EG 13 TV-H)
Date of Hire:
Part-time, with half of the regular working hours of a full-time position, employment is in the context of the BMBF Project QR.X (Quantum repeater Link). This is a fixed term-position till the end of the project 31.07.2024 (§ 2 Abs. 2 WissZeitVG).
- Molecular beam epitaxy growth of high quality InP-based quantum dots (QDs) and quantum dot molecules (QDMs) for telecom wavelengths
- Integration of QDs and QDMs in diode and cavity structures
- Optical and structural characterization of the grown and fabricated structures
- The goal is to achieve high quality single QDs and QDMs emitting around 1.55 µm for quantum communication applications. This work will be in close collaboration with other project partners
- Candidates are expected to hold a master’s degree in physics, and/or nanoscience, and/or electrical engineering
- Outstanding academic record with background in solid state physics and semiconductor-based nanostructures
- Good written and spoken English
Of advantage will be:
- Knowledge of QD growth and processing of nanostructures
- Previous research experience in optical characterization
- Team working style
For further information please contact Priv.-Doz. Dr. Mohamed Benyoucef, Tel.: +49 561 804-4553, E-Mail: m.benyoucef(at)physik.uni-kassel.de.
You can find more jobs at stellen.uni-kassel.de
The protection of your personal information is very important to us, so we will handle your personal information with care. By your application, you allow us the storage and use in the sense of the Hessian Data Protection and Freedom of Information Act. You can object to this at any time. Your personal data will be deleted.
Information according to Art. 13 DSGVO for the application process at the University of Kassel can be found at:
The University of Kassel is very interested in the professional satisfaction of its employees. It is distinguished as a family-friendly university and, in the interests of equal opportunities, strives to offer everyone the same opportunities for development and to counteract existing disadvantages. It promotes the Family Welcome Service and also the Dual Career Service for positions that are scientifically and academically filled. One of the strategic goals of the University of Kassel is to significantly increase the proportion of women in research and teaching. Applications from women are therefore particularly welcome. Seriously handicapped and equivalent applicants are given preference if they have the same suitability, qualifications and professional performance. Full-time positions are generally divisible (except when filling civil servant positions).
Applications indicating the Position Number, which may be in digital form, should be sent to the President of the University of Kassel, 34109 Kassel, Germany or email@example.com, quoting the applicable reference number.