The University of Kassel is a modern and growing University with round about 25.000 students. She has an extraordinary wide section with expertise of nature, technique, culture and society.
University of Kassel, Faculty of Organic Agriculture, Department of Soil Biology and Plant Nutrition (Prof. Dr. Rainer Georg Joergensen), the following position is to be filled to the 16.04.2021– subject to concession by the Federal Ministry of Education and Research
Research Assistant (m/w/d), EG 13 TV-H, part-time
Date of Hire:
Part-time with 65% of the regular working time of full-time employment. The position is fixed to the 31.03.2024 as part of the project „The response of the wheat rhizosphere microbiome along a climate gradient and experimental drought under conventional and conservational land use“. (§ 2 Abs. 2 WissZeitVG). The possibility exists to receive a PhD promotion.
The project is part of the EU BiodivERsA joint project: „Predicting climate change impacts on the crop microbiome and cascading effects on ecosystem services delivery in agroecosystems (MICROSERVICES)“. This project will be carried out with partners from Switzerland (ETH Zurich and Agroscope), Belgium (European Landowners Organization (ELO), Brus-sels), France (INRA Dijon), Greece (National Observatory of Athens (NOA), Pentili) and Spain (Leitat Technological Centre, Terrassa).
- Quantifying the colonization wheat roots with fungi and bacteria
- Determination of extracellular polymeric substances (EPS) in soil
- Measuring the transfer of 13C- and 15N-labelled rhizodeposition from wheat roots into soil
- Statistical evaluation of the collected data
- Preparation of publications for refereed international journals
- Completed university education in the area of natural sciences (food chemistry, chemistry, biology and geo-ecology), agronomy and environmental sciences
- Distinct interest in chemical analytical laboratory work
- Help during sampling of field experiments
- Good communicative and social competences, self-initiative, and capacity for teamwork
- High ability for net-working and interdisciplinarity
- Knowledge in writing and speaking German and English (project language is English)
For further information please contact Prof. Dr. Rainer Georg Jörgensen, Tel.: +49 561 804-1591, E-Mail: joerge(at)uni-kassel.de.
You can find more jobs at stellen.uni-kassel.de
The protection of your personal information is very important to us, so we will handle your personal information with care. By your application, you allow us the storage and use in the sense of the Hessian Data Protection and Freedom of Information Act. You can object to this at any time. Your personal data will be deleted.
Information according to Art. 13 DSGVO for the application process at the University of Kassel can be found at:
The University of Kassel is very interested in the professional satisfaction of its employees. It is distinguished as a family-friendly university and, in the interests of equal opportunities, strives to offer everyone the same opportunities for development and to counteract existing disadvantages. It promotes the Family Welcome Service and also the Dual Career Service for positions that are scientifically and academically filled. One of the strategic goals of the University of Kassel is to significantly increase the proportion of women in research and teaching. Applications from women are therefore particularly welcome. Seriously handicapped and equivalent applicants are given preference if they have the same suitability, qualifications and professional performance. Full-time positions are generally divisible (except when filling civil servant positions).
Applications indicating the Position Number, which may be in digital form, should be sent to the President of the University of Kassel, 34109 Kassel, Germany or firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting the applicable reference number.