The University of Kassel is a modern and growing University with round about 25.000 students. It has an extraordinary wide section with expertise of nature, technique, culture and society.
The following position is to be filled at the Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences, Physical Chemistry of Nanomaterials (Prof. Dr. Claudia Backes), as soon as possible:
Research Assistant (m/f/d), EG 13 TV-H, Post-Doc, fixed-term and full-time position (currently 40 hours per week)
|Date of Hire:
||as soon as possible
Please send your application with the usual informative documents, stating the reference number in the subject line, via the online form. We have compiled further information for you in our FAQ.
In exceptional cases, we will also accept your application documents in paper form addressed to: The President of the University of Kassel, 34109 Kassel, Germany, or via mail to bewerbungen[at]uni-kassel.de, stating the reference number.
In the case of postal applications, please submit only copies of your documents (no folders), as these cannot be returned. All documents will be destroyed after completion of the selection process in compliance with data protection regulations.
Full-time and fixed term post-doctoral-position limited for 12 months with the possibility of extending the contract (position for academic qualification corresponding to § 65 HHG i. V. m. § 2 Abs. 1 Satz 2 WissZeitVG).
- Independent coordination and conduction of research projects in the area of solution-processed low-dimensional nanostructures
- Services in research and teaching in the area of physical chemistry
- Preparation and realization of lectures, seminars, tutorials and lab courses
- Project management in intra-university research programs
- Completed course of academic study (Master degree) within the field of nanoscience, chemistry, physics, materials science or a related subject
- PhD preferentially in one the above-mentioned subjects. The required degrees must have been obtained by the starting date at the latest.
- Very good academic track record including practical experience in the lab in the area of spectroscopy, electrochemistry or nanomaterial synthesis and functionalisation
Profound knowledge in physical chemistry in general and 2D materials in particular
- Very good proficiency in English and interest in interdisciplinary problems
- Computer skills including word processing programmes, OriginLab and image editing
- Internet and media-based presentation skills
- Ability to think and work independently at the boundary of disciplines and in a team
- Experience in evaluating and purchasing scientific equipment
- Proficiency in the German language
For further information please contact Prof. Dr. Claudia Backes, Tel. +49 561 804-4425.
As an employee of the University of Kassel
- you will be offered an interesting and diverse range of tasks within the framework of a modern and ambitious university,
- you will be part of an interdisciplinary team with a good and collegial working atmosphere,
- you will have the opportunity to participate in professional and interdisciplinary further education measures,
- your workplace is centrally located in the city of Kassel with good public transport connections, which you can currently use for free.
In addition, you will benefit from the advantages of employment in the public service such as:
- an additional company pension (VBL),
- an optional child supplement in accordance with TV-Hessen, a family-friendly university (including childcare for emergencies),
- an annual bonus
- an entitlement to capital-accumulation benefits,
- a promotion of voluntary commitment,
- low-cost participation in university sports and a full range of fitness activities as part of Unifit, as well as workplace health management.
You can find more jobs at stellen.uni-kassel.de
The protection of your personal information is very important to us, so we will handle your personal information with care. By your application, you allow us the storage and use in the sense of the Hessian Data Protection and Freedom of Information Act. You can object to this at any time. Your personal data will be deleted.
Information according to Art. 13 DSGVO for the application process at the University of Kassel can be found at:
The University of Kassel is very interested in the professional satisfaction of its employees. It is distinguished as a family-friendly university and, in the interests of equal opportunities, strives to offer everyone the same opportunities for development and to counteract existing disadvantages. It promotes the Family Welcome Service and also the Dual Career Service for positions that are scientifically and academically filled. One of the strategic goals of the University of Kassel is to significantly increase the proportion of women in research and teaching. Applications from women are therefore particularly welcome. Seriously handicapped and equivalent applicants are given preference if they have the same suitability, qualifications and professional performance. Full-time positions are generally divisible (except when filling civil servant positions).
Applications indicating the Position Number, which may be in digital form, should be sent to the President of the University of Kassel, 34109 Kassel, Germany or email@example.com, quoting the applicable reference number.